"A Blog by A Young MOM, who may not be classified as young anymore but blogging about LOVE, LIFE, FAMILY, and now WORK with the Ups and Downs and the Ins and Outs of Everything~"

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grandpa's 73rd Birthday

Last Saturday, we celebrated my grandfather's 73rd birthday at Uncle Yan's house in Bangsar. It's so near BV.. OMG!!! If I reside there, BV will definitely be full of my shoe-prints. Mom made the birthday cake+cupcakes and she also cooked a few dishes, granny cooked, Josephine cooked and I made Konnyaku jellies.

Mom made the cupcakes days earlier and the fondant/gum paste the day before. I helped her out on bits and chunks. We were very satisfied with the cupcakes. They look too cute to munch on..


Uncle Yan is a professional photographer so most of the clearer pictures were taken by him with his big butt Canon and ultra bright lights. I stole his space and lights which made my pictures pretty clear too using my N95 (used to belong to Hub).





And here is Uncle Yan and Josephine's girl-girl, "PIPI"

Pipi is aging gorgeously.



Photogenic some more...



FOODZ by My Mommy


Marmite Meat.. I put it as Meat but it actually starts with "P"



Curry Chicken without Coconut Milk which you'll never get 'jelak' for more



Sambal Prawns with Pineapple



FOODZ by Granny


Lamb Chop



Mushroom with Vegetarian Chicken



Stir-fry Cabbage with carrots and dried bean curd strips



FOODZ by Josephine


Freshly fried Spring Roll.. this is the best spring roll I've eaten..



There's one more dish that Josephine created but I didn't snap a picture of it. The dish was the 'Delicious Sweet Spare Ribs'



GRANDPA'S BIRTHDAY CAKE


I know it's a little blur... below is the pro-snapped

and... the cake zoomed in...



The Proud Mama to the Birthday Cake



The assistant cum sweet tooth



Let's get to the Cake Blowing part.


Grandpa and Granny but I call them 'GRAMS' together for short


Whoa Granny can't wait to blow the candles!
"Po, your 'ngau-yat' is in December!"



Make a Wish but seems like Granny wants to 'main tepuk-tepuk tangan'!


and.. the BBK.. Big Birthday Kiss

People who Ate, Drank and be Merry!


So not ready for a shot yet


That's more like it hehe!


Dad craved for some loving as well


Edmund


Elaine with her butterflies again..


Javier


Judith


Joe


Javier hooked onto Ed's iPhone


Uncle Yan, the host, the photographer, the singer, belting out his hits
(I SO want his karaoke machine)


After the hearty meal and some persuasion to sing my famous 'The Moon Represents My Heart' (thanks to granny anyway), we left and bring the kids around. We thought of stopping by for drinks in Bangsar area or maybe get by a drive-thru but then changed our mind and went back to Cheras instead. We've always wanted to dine at the Old Town Kopitiam by the road along Taman Midah but it was always so effin' packed. To our delight, it was empty as in half-full... got DBKL-lah!

Kids got to order what they want for the night...


French Fries.. when was the last time we had these?


Joe ordered a Revive Float


Judith a Root-Beer Float


Javier got himself only a cup of Ice Lemon Tea because he doesn't know how to read the menu yet, hence the not-so-fancy drink


Whereas, Hub and ME dug into the Ice-Cream in Toast.. it's delicious and it's freaking good. Even the kids love them (RM4.50 for double isn't that bad).


Make sure you go try a plate today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! THANK YOU for sharing your comments.
I really appreciate it!